Part time 24 hour Chemical Dependency Professional Counselor
Part time 24 hour CDP/CDPT Counselor needed for a nonprofit outpatient women’s alcohol & drug treatment program located in Kirkland, WA on M, W, Th 1:00-9:30. We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Candace Hunsucker, Treatment Director: [email protected]
Applicant shall have no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years prior to the time of employment as a substance use disorder counselor and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed as a counselor.
- Meet and maintain CDP/T requirements and qualifications as defined in the WAC 246-811-030.
- The Chemical Dependency Professional shall have adequate education, experience and knowledge regarding the nature and treatment of substance use disorder, be knowledgeable about community resources providing services women who have a substance use disorder may need, know and understand the principles and techniques of substance use disorder counseling, and be skilled in the application of these principles and techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the disease concept; co-dependency as a part of the addiction process; drug dependences and the effects on the family dynamics.
- Knowledge of the principles, steps and traditions of self-help and anonymous groups.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate a variety of accepted therapeutic modalities.
- Ability to interface with the community.
- Knowledge of referral sources.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of ASAM CRITERIA 3RD EDITION & DSM-5criteria.
- Prepare and maintain patient files to include, intake histories, assessments, individual serviceplans, daily progress notes, and transition summaries in compliance with the WAC requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality
Participate and support fully the on-going team concept of the treatment design.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions.
- One to one counseling sessions as necessary.
- Facilitate family sessions as necessary.
- Assist assigned patients in developing treatment goals and a continuing recovery program.
- Responsible for composition and delivery of assigned lecture and education sessions.
- Evaluate prospective patients. Coordinate care with patient’s employerphysician, therapist, attorney, court systems and other referral sources.
$15-20 DOE, Full benefit package including medical, dental, vison, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA
employment type: part-time