Part time 24 hour Chemical Dependency Professional Counselor
Part time 24 hour CDP/CDPT Counselor needed for a nonprofit outpatient women's alcohol & drug treatment program located in Kirkland, WA on M, W, Th 1:00-9:30. We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Candace Hunsucker, Treatment Director: Chunsucker@ResidenceXII.org
Applicant shall have no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years prior to the time of employment as a substance use disorder counselor and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed as a counselor.
- Meet and maintain CDP/T requirements and qualifications as defined in the WAC 246-811-030.
- The Chemical Dependency Professional shall have adequate education, experience and knowledge regarding the nature and treatment of substance use disorder, be knowledgeable about community resources providing services women who have a substance use disorder may need, know and understand the principles and techniques of substance use disorder counseling, and be skilled in the application of these principles and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of the disease concept; co-dependency as a part of the addiction process; drug dependences and the effects on the family dynamics.
- Knowledge of the principles, steps and traditions of self-help and anonymous groups.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate a variety of accepted therapeutic modalities.
- Ability to interface with the community.
- Knowledge of referral sources.
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of ASAM CRITERIA 3RD EDITION & DSM-5criteria.
- Prepare and maintain patient files to include, intake histories, assessments, individual service plans, daily progress notes, and transition summaries in compliance with the WAC requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality Participate and support fully the on-going team concept of the treatment design.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions.
- One to one counseling sessions as necessary.
- Facilitate family sessions as necessary.
- Assist assigned patients in developing treatment goals and a continuing recovery program.
- Responsible for composition and delivery of assigned lecture and education sessions.
- Evaluate prospective patients. Coordinate care with patient's employer physician, therapist, attorney, court systems and other referral sources.
$15-20 DOE, Full benefit package including medical, dental, vison, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA employment type: part-time non-profit organization