Information for Women in Need:
Are You Chemically Dependent?
Answer the following questions as honestly as you can.
- Do you lose time from work due to alcohol/drug use?
- Is alcohol/drug use making your home life unhappy?
- Do you drink/use drugs because you are shy?
- Is drinking/drug use affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking or using drugs?
- Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of using alcohol or other drugs?
- Does your drinking/using make you careless of your family’s welfare?
- Has your ambition/efficiency decreased since using alcohol/drugs?
- Do you crave a drink/drug at a definite time daily?
- Do you want a drink/drug in the morning?
- Does drinking/using drugs cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Is drinking/using jeopardizing your job or business?
- Do you drink/use drugs to escape from worries?
- Do you use alcohol and/or drugs when you are alone?
- Have you ever had a loss of memory as a result of drinking or using drugs?
- Has your doctor or other professional ever treated you for the results of using alcohol or other drugs?
- Have you ever had a legal problem due to alcohol or drug use?
How to Interpret Your Answers
1 “Yes” Answer…..This is a warning you may have a problem with alcohol or other drugs.
2 “Yes” Answers…Chances are you are chemically dependent.
3 or more………You are definitely chemically dependent. We recommend you seek help as soon as possible.