To perform the general duties required of the Residence Manager the employee must have a high level of sensitivity to and acceptance of women who have a substance use disorder and their families.
No history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of two years immediately prior to the time of employment and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed as Residence Manager.
High School degree or equivalent.
Current First Aid and CPR certification.
Knowledge of the disease concept of addiction and treatment process, and ability to function as a member of the treatment team.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have knowledge and experience in general maintenance with exceptional housekeeping and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to purchase supplies and balance petty cash.
- Able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs and perform tasks such as turning a mattress.
- Ability to demonstrate & work with patients lacking housekeeping skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
New Patients: welcomes, completes admission paperwork, searches all personal property and packages whenever brought onto the premises for contraband, assigns room, medication box and big sister.
- Coordinate new admissions with women’s health specialist for any physical/medical needs.
- Document detox discharge plan and make arrangement for any follow-up appointments.
- Check patient’s room on exit to ensure room is clean and linens have been returned.
- Sanitize patient bedroom between admits. ( includes wiping down mattress, checking bedding for cleanliness and condition, wiping out all drawers and cabinets, oiling furniture)
- Medication: Verifies all incoming medications and supervises self-administration of medication, according to policy
- Take patient blood pressure and temperature as appropriate.
- Manage the milieu: be responsible for patient safety and maintain presence in the facility. Manage the general flow of patient’s daily program schedule.
- Assist with arranging and transporting patients to community appointments.
- Assigns House Coordinator and housekeeping tasks.
- Communicates and works closely with the treatment team and Inpatient Coordinator to maintain continuity of care.
- Under the supervision of the Inpatient Coordinator, coordinates and facilitates 12 Step meetings.
- Responsible for over-all neatness and appearance of the residence which may include, vacuuming or washing the floor.
- Responsible for emergency drills, evacuation of patients and all personnel.
- Interface with other Residence Manager and Night Supervisor when they are coming on duty for the continuum of care and communication of daily log information.
- Balance petty cash expenditures.
- Assist kitchen staff as appropriate.
- Attend meetings as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Inpatient Coordinator or Treatment Director
Reports to the Inpatient Coordinator
To apply for this opportunity or for more information, please contact Erika Voris at firstname.lastname@example.org