Full time, 40 hour or 32 hour CDP/CDPT Counselor
We utilize an empowerment approach to addressing the needs of women seeking recovery through a trauma-informed lens. Must be able to work 12:30-9:00pm M-TH. This position can be Sunday-Thursday, Monday-Friday, or Monday-Thursday and Saturdays. Weekend hours can vary if needed.
We offer competitive benefits such as comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Candace Hunsucker, Treatment Director.
Meet and maintain CDP/CDPT requirements and qualifications as defined in the WAC 246-811-030. Chemical Dependency Professional shall have no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years prior to the time of employment as a substance use disorder counselor and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed as a counselor.
The Chemical Dependency Professional shall have adequate education, experience and knowledge regarding the nature and treatment of substance use disorder, be knowledgeable about community resources providing services women who have a substance use disorder may need, know and understand the principles and techniques of substance use disorder counseling and be skilled in the application of these principles and techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of the disease concept; co-dependency as a part of the addiction process; drug dependences and the effects on family dynamics.
Knowledge of the principles, steps and traditions of self-help groups.
Knowledge and ability to facilitate a variety of accepted therapeutic modalities.
Ability to interface with the community.
Knowledge of referral sources.
Superior oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of ASAM CRITERIA 3RD EDITION & DSM-5criteria.
- Facilitate a combination of Outpatient and IOP groups. Groups will run at no more than 10 participants.Prepare and maintain patient files to include, intake histories, assessments, individual service plans, daily charting, and transition summaries in compliance with the WAC requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Participate and support fully the on-going team concept of the treatment design.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions.
- One to one counseling sessions as necessary.
- Facilitate family sessions as necessary.
- Assist assigned patients in developing an, goals and a continuing recovery program.
- Responsible for composition and delivery of assigned lecture and education sessions.
- Evaluate prospective patients. Maintain as appropriate, rapport with patient’s employer physician, therapist, attorney, court systems and other referral sources.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Assure that assessment, treatment and reporting requirements for court ordered patients are met according to the provision of R.C.W. 10.05.020 – 10.05.170.