Inpatient CDP Counselor needed for a nonprofit 25 bed inpatient women’s alcohol & drug dependency treatment facility located in Kirkland, WA. If you’d like a job where you can see you are making a difference in the lives of women, then consider Residence XII.
This is a full time position and compensation is $38,000 – $43,000 a year DOE. We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA.
Seeking qualified candidate (must have CDP or CDPT certification) to join our dynamic team. Knowledge in working with co-occurring disorder populations. We emphasize a strengths-based, person-centered approach to help empower women to seek and maintain recovery.
Please send resume and cover letter to Lori Fregin, Director of Administration, Lfregin@residencexii.org
A Chemical Dependency Professional shall have adequate education, experience and knowledge regarding the nature and treatment of substance use disorder, be knowledgeable about community resources providing services women who have a substance use disorder may need, know and understand the principles and techniques of substance use disorder counseling and be skilled in the application of these principles and techniques.
Meet and maintain CDP requirements and qualifications as defined in the WAC 246-811-030.
Current First Aid & CPR card
B.A. Required in a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A knowledge and experiential base regarding the diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorder as a progressive disease.
- Specialized knowledge and skills regarding women’s issues and the treatment of women who have a substance use disorder and their families.
- Knowledge of the principles, steps and traditions of self-help and anonymous groups.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate a variety of accepted therapeutic modalities.
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to interface with other professionals in the community who provide referrals and resources.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ASAM CRITERIA 3RD EDITION & DSM-5criteria.
- Support a therapeutic milieu in the residence by conducting program activities and providing patient support:
- Participate in selected patient meals.
- Participate in structured outdoor activity such as walks.
- Assure patients follow program schedule.
- Deliver assigned lectures and educational programs to assure a seven day a week treatment program.
- Conduct a non-smoking lecture and support program for patient’s to encourage a nicotine free lifestyle.
- Facilitates assigned groups and classes.
- First Step preparation.
- Wrap up.
- Conduct one to one counseling sessions as necessary.
- Attend assigned staff meetings.
- Assist in maintaining patient charts and logs and maintaining patient confidentiality in compliance with all licensing bodies & third party reimbursement requirements.
- Participate in and fully support the on-going team concept of the program design.
- Assure patients receive comprehensive orientation to Residence XII program rules, guidelines, etc.
- Offer support and debrief patient post family program and visiting.
- Other duties as assigned appropriate to this position.
- As time permits and as assigned:
- Assist case managers with case management and treatment activities.
- Transport patients to and from community resources.
- Assist residence managers with inpatient admissions.
- Respond to telephone inquiries regarding Residence XII treatment programs.
Reports to the Treatment Director