FLOAT COUNSELOR – FULL TIME
This position has a variable schedule covering vacations in Assessment, Outpatient, Inpatient, and Family programs. The schedule is determined based on vacation requests, but typically is M-F.
We offer competitive benefits such as comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Candace Hunsucker, Treatment Director.
A Chemical Dependency Professional shall have adequate education, experience and knowledge regarding the nature and treatment of substance use disorder, be knowledgeable about community resources providing services women who have a substance use disorder may need, know and understand the principles and techniques of substance use disorder counseling and be skilled in the application of these principles and techniques.
Meet and maintain CDP/CDPT requirements and qualifications as defined in the WAC 246-811-030.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the disease concept; co-dependency as a part of the addiction process; drug dependences and the effects on the family dynamics.
- Knowledge of the principles, steps and traditions of self-help and anonymous groups.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate a variety of accepted therapeutic modalities.
- Ability to interface with the community.
- Knowledge of referral sources.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ASAM CRITERIA 3RD EDITION & DSM-5criteria.
Fill in for absent counselors and assume all duties for that position.
Teach psychoeducation classes as assigned.
Perform case management services:
- Maintain an up to date catalogue of community resources.
- Work with patients and counseling staff to formulate an aftercare plan, identify appropriate community resources and assist patients in linking into those resources.
- Assist in assessments as necessary.
- As time permits assisting counselors with miscellaneous case management tasks.
- Assist Resident Manager with patient transportation as assigned.
- Perform duties for the Family and Continuing Care programs as assigned.
- Participate in Administrator/Clinician on call rotation
- Additional duties as assigned by the Treatment Director.