This position will support our Inpatient and Outpatient programs working Sunday-Thursday 1:00-9:30.
We offer competitive benefits such as comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Candace Hunsucker, Treatment Director.
The family counselor shall have no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years immediately prior to the time of employment and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed as Family Counselor.
Demonstrate ability to perform under supervision the functions related to the education and rehabilitation of family members of the patients in treatment.
Bachelor’s degree in social or related health care field with two years’ experience under supervision or, a Master’s degree with experience working with individuals and families.
Must be CDP and/or registered with D.O.H as a professional LMHC, LMFT or trainee in the State of Washington.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Basic knowledge of the disease concept of alcoholism, the recovery process and effects on family.
- Knowledge of Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon, Ala-Teen, Nar-Anon, the principles, steps and traditions.
- Knowledge of community resources and referral.
- Knowledge and ability to conduct group and individual counseling sessions, and to present lectures.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for contacting the family members of women in inpatient treatment at Residence XII to participate in their own recovery by attendance in the family program.
- Lectures appropriate to family program.
- Show & discuss appropriate educational videos.
- Facilitate children’s program as needed.
- Responsible for providing all materials, hand-outs, literature and books required for program delivery.
- Facilitate family sessions and family aftercare group.
- Maintain and up-date required family documents.
- Provide orientation to new family members.
- Provide family referrals as appropriate.
- Supervise assigned interns.
- Liaison with district Al-Anon to provide Al-Anon speaker.
- Attend staff meetings as appropriate.
- Participate when appropriate in community out-reach and education.
- Supervision and evaluation of assigned interns.
- Continuing development, monitoring and evaluation of the Family Program.
Reports to Treatment Director