On-Call Residence Manager
The on-call Residence Manager the employee must have a high level of sensitivity to and acceptance of chemically dependent women and their families. No history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of two years immediately prior to the time of employment and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed as Residence Manager. Must have personal knowledge of 12-step programs, such as AA, NA or Al-Anon. Salary D.O.E. Email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Knowledge of the disease concept of addiction and treatment process, and ability to function as a member of the treatment team.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have knowledge and experience in general maintenance with exceptional housekeeping and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to purchase supplies and balance petty cash.
- Able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs and perform tasks such as turning a mattress.
- Ability to demonstrate & work with patients lacking housekeeping skills.
- New Patients: welcomes, completes admission paperwork, searches all personal property and packages whenever brought onto the premises for contraband, assigns room, medication box and big sister.
- Coordinate new admissions with women’s health specialist for any physical/medical needs.
- Document detox discharge plan and make arrangement for any follow-up appointments.
- Check patient’s room on exit to ensure room is clean and linens have been returned.
- Sanitize patient bedroom between admits. ( includes wiping down mattress, checking bedding for cleanliness and condition, wiping out all drawers and cabinets, oiling furniture)
- Medication: Verifies all incoming medications and supervises self administration of medication, according to policy
- Take patient blood pressure and temperature as appropriate.
- Manage the milieu: be responsible for patient safety and maintain presence in the facility. Manage the general flow of patient’s daily program schedule.
- Assist with arranging and transporting patients to community appointments.
- Assigns House Coordinator and housekeeping tasks.
- Communicates and works closely with the treatment team and Inpatient Coordinator to maintain continuity of care.
- Under the supervision of the Inpatient Coordinator, coordinates and facilitates 12 Step meetings.
- Responsible for over-all neatness and appearance of the residence which may include, vacuuming or washing the floor.
- Responsible for emergency drills, evacuation of patients and all personnel.
- Interface with other Residence Manager and Night Supervisor when they are coming on duty for the continuum of care and communication of daily log information.
- Balance petty cash expenditures.
- Assist kitchen staff as appropriate.
- Attend meetings as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Inpatient Coordinator or Treatment Director
Reports to the Inpatient Coordinator
Send resume to [email protected]