Seeking a CDP/CDPT Counselor for a nonprofit women’s alcohol & drug treatment program located in Kirkland, WA . We emphasize a strengths-based, person-centered approach to help empower women to seek recovery. This position is M-F 8:30-5:00 for our Inpatient Program.
Meet and maintain CDP/CDPT requirements and qualifications as defined in the WAC 246-811-030.
Chemical Dependency Professional shall have no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years prior to the time of employment as a Chemical Dependency Professional and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed as a counselor.
The Chemical Dependency Professional shall have adequate education, experience and knowledge regarding the nature and treatment of substance use disorder, be knowledgeable about community resources providing services women who have a substance use disorder may need, know and understand the principles and techniques of substance use disorder counseling and be skilled in the application of these principles and techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the disease concept; co-dependency as a part of the addiction process; drug dependences and the effects on the family dynamics.
- Knowledgeable of the principles, steps and traditions of self-help and anonymous groups.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate a variety of accepted therapeutic modalities.
- Ability to interface with the community.
- Knowledge of referral sources.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ASAM CRITERIA 3RD EDITION & DSM-5criteria.
- Prepare and maintain patient files to include, intake histories, assessments, individual service plans, daily charting, and transition summaries in compliance with Residence XII guidelines, WAC, and third party reimbursement requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Participate and support fully the on-going team concept of the treatment design including milieu management.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions M-F.
- Facilitate one to one counseling sessions weekly.
- Assist assigned patients in developing an individual service plan, goals and a continuing recovery program.
- Responsible for composition and delivery of assigned lecture and education sessions.
- Evaluate prospective patients. Maintain as appropriate, rapport with patient’s employer, physician, therapist, attorney, court systems and other referral sources.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Assist patients in obtaining referral sources as needed.
- Participate in Administrator/Clinician on call rotation.
We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Candace Hunsucker, Treatment Director: [email protected].