Often the assessment process starts with a phone call from a health care professional, a family member, friend, employer or the woman herself. Initial questions about length of stay, cost, etc. can usually be answered at this time, however to make a proper evaluation, a complete assessment is required.
Most assessments take two hours and include the following topics:
Medical Concerns and Issues
– Any current diagnosis, treatment or medications?
– Information about past employment, current employment and future goals.
– What is the drug of choice? What is the history of substance abuse and the frequency of drug or alcohol use?
Legal Issues or Concerns
– Is substance abuse treatment being sought for legal reasons (DUI, employment issues,etc.)?
– Information about family history of alcohol, drug and mental health issues.
Current Family Environment
– How supportive is the family about treatment and recovery?
Support Systems In Place
– What support system is in place after treatment?
Mental Health History
– Information on past and current mental health issues and treatment.
Defining The Appropriate Program
– Which Residence XII program will be the most effective?
– We are covered by most insurance policies.
Choosing a Start Date
– Treatment at Residence XII is voluntary. Therefore, every woman who participates in our programs must be open and ready to come to us for help with her recovery.
TAKE A TOUR OF RESIDENCE XII
Following an assessment, each woman and her family receive a packet of information on what to expect at Residence XII, along with information about what she should bring if she is going into our Residential Program
. They will also be taken on a tour of our facility
. Seeing the warm environment and the sense of community we have created at Residence XII often helps to eliminate many worries that women seeking help for addiction have about attending a residential program.
Residence XII’s Assessment and Referral Counselors are available 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. (PST) Monday – Friday. Call: (425) 823-8844 or (800) 776-5944