Along with our management group, administrative support and research staff, the entire team at Residence XII is committed to developing and providing the highest quality chemical dependency treatment programs and comprehensive services to meet the unique needs of women and their families.
Residence XII is recruiting a Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) with a passion for contributing to the emerging health of our patients and our dynamic, skillful team. A successful candidate will provide clinical services in an inpatient counselor role as weekend counselor Friday-Monday. Under the direction of the Inpatient Coordinator, the CDP is responsible for ensuring consistency with the Residence XII’s mission, values, and philosophical approach to the disease of addiction and with state regulatory requirements. The CDP must have a strong desire to be of service. We seek individuals committed to working in a professional, multidisciplinary and creative environment. Knowledge or experience with the treatment needs of women is important and an understanding of co-occurring mental health issues is a plus. B.A. required in a related field. Master’s preferred. MUST be a CDP or CDPT with mental health experience/credentials. No exceptions.
Salary D.O.E. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A knowledge and experiential base regarding the diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorder as a progressive disease.
- Specialized knowledge and skills regarding women's issues and the treatment of women who have a substance use disorder and their families.
- Knowledge of the principles, steps and traditions of self-help and anonymous groups.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate a variety of accepted therapeutic modalities.
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to interface with other professionals in the community who provide referrals and resources.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ASAM CRITERIA 3RD EDITION & DSM-5 criteria.
- Assist case managers with case management and treatment activities.
- Transport patients to and from community resources.
- Assist residence managers with inpatient admissions.