Chemical Dependency Professional CounselorFloat Counselor Position, Full time, 40 hours, variable days and hours assisting the Inpatient, Outpatient, Assessment, and Family programs. Must be able to work some weekends and evenings, though the majority of work will be M-F daytime hours. CDP/CDPT Counselor needed for a nonprofit outpatient women's alcohol & drug treatment program located in Kirkland, WA . We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403(b), vacation/sick time and FSA. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Candace Hunsucker, Treatment Director: Chunsucker@ResidenceXII.org Applicant shall have no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years prior to the time of employment as a substance use disorder counselor and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed as a counselor.
- Meet and maintain CDP/T requirements and qualifications as defined in the WAC 246-811-030. Bachelors or Master’s Degree preferred.
- The Chemical Dependency Professional shall have adequate education, experience and knowledge regarding the nature and treatment of substance use disorder, be knowledgeable about community resources providing services women who have a substance use disorder may need, know and understand the principles and techniques of substance use disorder counseling, and be skilled in the application of these principles and techniques.
- Fill in for absent counselors and assume all duties for that position.
- Teach classes as assigned.
- Perform case management services
- Work with patients and counseling staff to formulate an aftercare plan, identify appropriate community resources and assist patients in linking into those resources.
- Assist in assessments as necessary.
- As time permits assisting counselors with miscellaneous case management tasks.
- Assist Resident Manager with patient transportation as assigned.
- Perform duties for the Family and Continuing Care programs as assigned.
- Participate in Administrator/Clinician on call rotation.